Swadeshmukul Santra, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Florida 1998-2002
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India 1998
- Associate Professor, University of Central Florida 2011-present
- Assistant Professor, University of Central Florida 2005-2011
- Research Assistant Professor, University of Florida 2002-2005
Nanobioimaging and sensing, cancer imaging and therapy, stem cell tracking, drug delivery, pathogen detection, nanotoxicity evaluation, study of antimicrobial nanomaterials. Projects focused on development of various nanostructured materials for applications as image contrast agents (such as fluorescent nanoparticles, magnetic nanoparticles, multimodal/multifunctional nanoparticles for probing gene expression, stem cell differentiation and other cellular functions both in vitro and in vivo), drug delivery systems (such as anti-cancer drug loaded biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles that are imageable and targetable) and antimicrobial agents.